Author: Benjamin M. Ahikiiriza
Benjamin is a Digital Legal News Journalist (trained by Reuters) and digital media enthusiast who founded The Legal Reports website in January, 2020 while a fourth year law student at Makerere University school of law. Prior to that, Benjamin used to write amateur blogs and some of his legal commentaries were published by the Daily Monitor and Independent Magazine - both leading publications in Uganda. He covers lawyers, law students, judges, judiciary, courts, law schools, and law firms.
- The Nigerian state of Kaduna has passed a new law under which men convicted of rape will be subjected to surgical castration ...September 18, 2020
- The Judiciary will hold its third annual ” Benedicto Kiwanuka memorial lecture” on Monday, Chief Justice Owiny-Dollo has announced Thursday. Founded in ...September 17, 2020
- Good afternoon, Mr Nelson Walusimbi. Welcome back from the race for the Presidency of ULS Thank you. It was really a long ...September 16, 2020
- T he newly elected president of the Uganda Law Society, Ms Pheona Nabasa Wall has lauded the society for a peaceful and ...September 14, 2020
- O n Tuesday morning, the five candidates for the Uganda Law Society (ULS) presidency went head-to- head in a policy debate, the ...September 10, 2020
- The Chief Justice, Alfonse Chigamoy Owiny – Dollo and his Deputy, Richard Buteera, today took oath before President Yoweri Museveni at State ...September 8, 2020
- The Speaker of Parliament has directed that the National Information Technology Authority – Uganda (NITA-U) investigates a complaint that Safe Boda was ...August 28, 2020
Expanding Reach: TASLAF Advocates & Consultants now part of Global professional services network IR as ...Ugandan Law firm TASLAF Advocates & Consultants has joined IR Global, a multi-disciplinary professional services network that provides legal, accountancy, financial advice ...August 21, 2020
- The United States Justice Department has charged Lawyer Dorah Mirembe of Ssebaggala and Mirembe Advocates with fraud over the adoption scandal that ...August 18, 2020
- The Uganda Law Society (ULS) elections committee has finally set the dates for the long-awaited council elections. The elections, which were supposed ...August 13, 2020
About The Legal Reports
Founded in January 2020, The Legal Reports is Uganda’s first and leading digital legal news website; covering lawyers, law students, courts of law, Judges, law schools, the Judiciary, and law firms.
Our purpose is to help improve the understanding of and consciousness about the legal profession in Uganda.
CONTACT US TODAY
Reach out to The Legal Reports with inquires, corrections, suggestions, complaints, story tips and ideas by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also call +256787951231 (during business hours) for partnerships and advertising engagements.
To send us your Article, make sure you and the article comply with our guidelines for contributors.